M. J. DiModica Excavating
Frequently Asked Questions:
No question is not worth asking and generally most questions have been asked before. The following are frequently asked questions that we hope will help you in evaluating your specific problem. If you don't find the answer to your question here feel free to email us and we will try and help answer it.
When do I need a Title V Inspection?
- When properties are sold, divided, combined or a change in use or expansion.
How long is a Title V inspection valid?
- Title V inspections required in connection with real estate transfer are generally valid for two (2) years. When a system is pumped on an annual basis and pumping records are available, a Title V inspection is valid for three (3) years.
When should I do a Title V inspection?
- We recommend having your Title V inspection prior to putting your house on the market. That way you will know what the status of your septic system is before setting a market price.
How often should I pump my septic tank?rom the toolbar.
- While MA DEP has an approved list of additives, they are evaluated only to ensure they will not harm your system or the environment. The DEP makes no claims to the products effectiveness or performance guarantees with your septic system.
I have a garbage disposal but never use it?
- If you have a garbage disposal you probably use it more than you think. Unless you have a two (2) compartment septic tank, you should not use the garbage disposal. This will cause premature failure of your septic system.
19 Christopher Lane, Sudbury MA 01776
978 443 8433